A unique approach for families
Parenting a child diagnosed with autism can feel overwhelming. And we know that waitlists for evidence-based behavioral therapy are long. Way too long.
Unfortunately, we do not have immediate availability for a full, comprehensive ABA program for each family that contacts us. However, you may be eligible for our parent-based program if your child is:
- Diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder
- Living in Arlington County, Falls Church, City of Alexandria, or eastern Fairfax County
- Available for sessions on at least 2 weekdays between 9am and 3pm
- Your child must have at least one parent or guardian who is eager to learn therapy strategies and make progress at home.
In our parent-based program, your Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will provide:
- An ABA assessment
- Recommendations to make progress at home
- Training for parents and caregivers
- Suggestions of community resources where appropriate (other therapy programs, educational services, social groups, etc.)
- First dibs for openings in our comprehensive ABA programs
How is this different from other programs?
Most ABA practices rely on a two-tiered therapy model. In this model, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst creates and supervises the therapy plan. A paraprofessional called a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) carries out the plan during sessions with the child.
Quality RBTs are hard to hire and retain. If an RBT is not available, most practices will leave you on the waitlist. But we are a small, local practice owned and operated by a BCBA. We are able to do things a bit differently.
In our parent-based programs, we teach parents the same skills we teach while training our RBTs. Your family will receive a customized program with readings, assignments, and feedback directly from a licensed professional. You will learn the skills to help your child and to adapt to new challenges as they grow older.
The research is conclusive on parent involvement. Children have the best outcomes when their parents are involved. And our families describe feeling empowered and joyful as they teach and communicate with their child!
Interested? Complete the intake form and mention our parent-based programs. We will contact you within 1 business day.
Leave a Reply