Introducing our salaried internship program!
Graduate Student Interns are temporary employees who work toward the BACB’s Supervised Fieldwork requirements. Interns will learn our compassionate and thoughtful approach to the treatment of developmental disabilities.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are enrolled in or have a current acceptance to a graduate program that meets BACB educational requirements.
- You can begin the internship once accepted to a graduate program, but will need to begin applied behavior analysis coursework before accruing hours toward the exam.
- Plan to apply to take the BACB exam within the next 5 years.
- Are currently a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), or have completed a 40 hour RBT training course.
- Have read the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Handbook and Fieldwork Checklist.
- Can commit to the internship full time (40 hours per week) or part time (20 hours per week) for 6 months, with scheduling flexibility allowed for coursework.
- Have reliable transportation and can commute to client sites in Arlington, Alexandria, and eastern Fairfax County, Virginia.
Interns will receive:
- A 6-month supervision contract, with the option to renew if performance is satisfactory.
- A salary of $15,000 per 6 months of full-time work or a salary of $7,500 per 6 months of part-time work.
- Eligibility for additional billable hour bonuses.
- Opportunity to accrue up to 2 weeks paid time off per 6 months.
- Individualized and frequent supervision in client sessions and staff meetings.
- Diverse supervision experiences with regard to clients’ ages, cultures, settings, and support needs.
- Supervised experience with BCBA Task List items including: direct intervention, assessments (observation, interview, skills probe), coordination of care (teachers, therapists, physicians), functional communication and tolerance training, goal selection, data collection, data analysis, supervision of paraprofessionals, and parent training.
- Preferential consideration for postgraduate employment.